Sunday, May 23, 2010

Where did time go??

I don't know where that last 6 months went?? So much has happened I couldn't BEGIN to go back and tell you everything that has happened!
All I know is every year after Thanksgiving, time rolls right into December, we have Christmas break and I try to get everything done around the house that I have put off since school has started, then it's time to go back to school and things get REALLY crazy until school is out!!
The last week of school I only worked 3 days, and took my "personal days" so I wouldn't lose them and I am SO ready for school to be out!!

Ri was out the Friday before. Mom, Dad & I drove to FHU to pick up his things, leave him a vehicle to drive home on Monday. He was staying on campus over the weekend, with some Choral buddies, then attending his roommates wedding on the following Monday afternoon, then heading home. He arrived home about 9:30 pm that evening. First time he had driven alone; I was a little nervous, not because I didn't think he could do it, or get lost, but just because he was alone and anything can happen......and I am a Mom!

So, Ri was home while the girls and I finished up our last week of school. On my first day of "Summer vacation" (while the girls finished their last 2) Thursday, I cleaned a house for a friend from church. (In the past few months I have picked up a side job, cleaning a couple of homes every 3 weeks for extra money)

Ri had driven up to where Lee works to apply for an internship for TG of Missouri on Wednesday, then was called back on Thursday for testing, ended up being there from 8am-12! He starts Monday, same shift as Lee, 12 hr night shift...not the best shift, but he got a job!!!
I am so excited for him, since this is technically the first "job" he has ever had!!! He won't have much of a life, but on the weekends, but he will survive...Welcome to the "real world" LOL

So back to Thursday afternoon.... I picked up the girls from school to run home to fix supper, then run B back to the HS to meet the bus, that was taking them to Jackson's graduation, which we had planned on attending...but it didn't work out that way. Ri had gone to another graduation, which was much smaller, and thought he could get back to Jackson's, so I was to wait for him, and he never showed up, and had no way of getting a hold of him, cuz there was no reception out where he was! So, I get a call from B, saying they were done, and I hadn't even left yet!! I was SO upset I had missed Jackson's graduation!!

Now here we are only 2 days out of school and have had so much to do just this weekend!
We celebrated Ra's 13th birthday Friday night w/a sleepover with 5 other girls. B created some clues for a scavenger hunt, the girls had a water balloon fight and stayed up till 2:30 AM, at that time which I stepped in and told Ra to go get the sleeping bags cuz I had heard enough screaming and singing that I could take. I had laid down about 10:30 and was in and out till 2:30...:/ At about 3 AM I heard SILENCE...it was WONDERFUL...and I don't remember anything until Lee texted me at 7:07 am the next morning to let me know he was off and headed home. (He does that cuz he has a 30 minute commute) I had such a horrible headache! I got up to start some coffee and get some Ibuprofen and go back to bed for a bit. When I got back up I made some pancakes for the girls, woke them up about 9 am, and they were all gone by 10:30!
I straightened up and folded 4 loads of laundry that I had waiting for me, made the kids put their clothes away then sat for a few hours before I headed back out to a Graduation party, then to drop Ra off at another birthday party from 6:30-9:30.

We had another Graduation party this afternoon after church, then Sr Youth Movie night at our house.
Tomorrow I am going into work for a few hours to get caught up before Summer School starts on June 1 that will last through June 22nd. The girls will be going also.

Well, that is all for tonight.....will do my best to be better at keeping up with this, maybe not as often so there is something to talk about.

TTFN

No comments: