Our first week back to school has been pretty good so far. R loves the Middle school, because she gets to move around and "talk" during lunch! I think being there with me, and that she knows most of the teachers already has helped her adjustment to Middle school. Her teacher is so Cool! Her teacher has informed me several times how much she loves Rachell! I've gotten several compliments on her this week....makes me feel good:) although she has always been the "sweet" one in the family:)
R & B seem to enjoy school, if you "enjoy" HS and all the homework that comes with it. They have come home with homework just about every night, but no grumbling yet....not yet....I'm sure it's a matter of time! B's Advanced LA is the same teacher R had last yr, and his College writing teacher this year, and she is tough! She's a very serious teacher, 1 you would find in College.
But anyway, we have had something every night since school started, then I was scheduled to work Sat & Sun on top of my full week at school...so I worked 50 hours last week! not something I'm used to doing, so I was pretty wiped out by Monday night after Lee and I got home from a "back to school night" at the HS for R & B.
We both got off work, ate some supper, and back to the HS at 7pm. We had to follow the kids' scheduled classes, to meet the teachers and hear what is required of them, every 10 minutes the bell would ring and we wold move to the next class. It's actually a pretty good set up, but we were there for 2 hours. :(
So, the rest of the week so far has gone well, and can't wait till Friday! we are finally going on a vacation, if you want to call it that!.....we are going camping......but it's the first one this year together. We used to go camping all the time when we were in California, and several times after we first moved out here, but not so much in the past couple of years.
The summers are too hot and humid here to go camping, unless there is water.
I love to go in the fall, when it's cool, the trees are changing colors, and then the campground is not as full either. There will probably be quite a few people this weekend, but don't care...we may not get another chance that we are all off at the same time.
Hope everyone has a great 3 day weekend. TTFN!
No comments:
Post a Comment