Monday, August 18, 2008

Back to School!

Yes, it's already that time again....it came right up on us! I knew it was coming, because I've been preparing for it and couldn't wait to go back to my regular job!
I even worked last week at school for 3 days preparing for it. The weekend just went by so quickly. I didn't work my 2nd job this weekend, which is ok with me, cuz I'm ready to go back to school..just a TOTALLY different environment for me, and can be a little stressful at times.
I enjoy my evenings with my kids, and this yr especially I want to be home for R (because this will be his last yr "home" , he's a big Sr this yr) and for B cuz this is her first yr at the HS and I think there will be some changes going on and I want to be available for all of them if they need me. I see so many kids that don't have that support at home and see what happens to so many of them, and I don't want my kids being put in that situation. We may not have as much as other families but we have each other.

It was a little different this morning on our first day back to school; R went with me and the other 2 rode together...alone...without Mom this year..:( that was kind of weird for me, but saves me so much traveling time between schools! WOW! R & I got to school within 10 minutes. Normally, it takes me about 25-30 dropping off each one at 3 different schools, but this yr R & B are at the HS together, and R is at the Middle school.
I think this yr will be a good yr for R cuz she is at the Middle school with me and we know all the teachers and she feels very comfortable there with everyone. She didn't get into the class I wanted her to, but that's Ok. The teacher she got this yr is new to the district, and is the wife of our Assistant Superintendent that just left the district. R was moved to be with a student who is autistic. This little girl is the sweetest, well mannered little girl, and her and R have been friends for, well I think since they started school. I know she has been in her class for the past 2 yrs now. She has 2 older brothers the same grades as R & B, so they've all gone through school together, and our families know each other quite well. R has always loved helping A, so was very excited to have A with her again this yr.
Well, I need to go and sign some papers for school, and make sure everyone has what they need on their lists for school tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good week.
Please keep all of our children in our prayers as they meet new challenges and struggles each day. TTFN

No comments: