Wow! I can't believe how fast the past....ummmm.....almost 2 weeks have gone by! Honestly I don't really know what I've done without looking back at my calendar! that's pretty sad.....there has just been something going on CONSTANTLY, with no "down time" ....and we aren't the only ones. Everyone we know have been going, going, going since the kids have gotten home from Bible camp.
The week after the kids got back, I worked, we went and got B's braces off, canvassed for VBS, back to the Ortho to get a retainer, worked 3 days in a row, had the teen youth group over for the afternoon. The next week I started out working, then had our VBS (Vacation Bible School) I was the "Helper" in the 2's & 3's (I'd forgotten how much of a handful 2 &3 yr olds are!) but we had fun, just a very tiring week, with me working also. We had ALL the Teens over again on Thurs, our last day of VBS...I think there were about 17 teenagers running around. They played "Guitar hero", the "Wii", on our game table, and some swam the whole 4 hours they were here until I made them get out to eat before we left for VBS. Everyone seemed to have a good time and I enjoyed having them all here.
Friday I helped R mow the neighbors house for the last time.
Friday night B went to her weekly "movie night" until about 10 pm, when I picked her up to take her to Barnes & Noble to pick up her reserved copy of "Breaking Dawn" by Stephenie Meyer! the last book in the series that all the teens and most of the staff of Jackson School District have gone crazy over! So...we went down like all the other crazy people to wait for our copy, that didn't wasn't released till 12:01 am Sat, Aug 2nd! We were given a wristband with a #214 when we came in and checked in....we only had to wait for about 30 minutes before we were able to purchase our copy, but well worth the experience. There were lots of Jtown people there...so they all hung out until midnight. I, along with other parents, whom are in the school district also, sat and watched....and waited.....then B & I jetted out the door to go home for Me to go to bed while B stayed up till 3ish in the morning reading! When I got up the next morning she was still sleeping, but when I went back and checked on her about 30 min later she was reading again.....oyie!
I had a "Girls Day Out" Sat, so left the housecleaning for the kids and Lee. I don't ever go out, so when I was asked I said "YES!!!" we went to lunch at Olive Garden, and went to see a movie..."Mama Mia"......Loved it... a couple of scenes that were a bit in appropriate, (R had wanted to see it cuz we have the "ABBA" album and she loves it) anyway...I didn't get home till about 4 pm, and the house was clean.....so nice to come home to a clean house (even though I'm sure it wasn't cleaned exactly the way I like...but not complaining....(atleast they did it)
Sunday we went to church, the teens stayed for "painting/pizza afternoon" they were painting their classroom, so the rest of us went out to lunch with my parents, then home to change and go to work 3-10pm. Monday the kids started Band Camp, R had registration (as a SENIOR! :( ) at 8 am, then headed back over to band camp.
Tuesday we celebrated B's 15th birthday! I dropped R off at 6:30 am, cuz I was asked to work yesterday, R called me and said he wasn't feeling good, so he didn't go yesterday...R went to mom and dad's to bake B's cake, and when I got off work at noon I went over there, and her and I frosted it. We just hung out there for the afternoon until dinner, and waited for Lee to get off work to have cake and ice cream. We got home about 8:30 pm.
Today I took B to her registration and pictures, then she came home cuz she wasn't feeling well. (heard there was a "bug" going around..thankfully it isn't too bad) R has registration at 1pm, then I go to work from 4-10.
After this week I am cutting back on when I work at the Answering Service cuz I am going back to work at the school next Thur the 14th ...I like my hours and have the evenings with my kids, and I've missed it this summer....even though I'm sure I would have gotten tired of it real quick, but I'm just ready!
So, I need to get off here and get ready for work and registration....hope all is well with everyone and you all are enjoying your summer....TTFN! will have to come back and post some pics soon....I have some birthday pics....:)
No comments:
Post a Comment