Friday, July 11, 2008

TGIF!!!

Thank Goodness It's Friday!!
I have worked 3, 7 hour days this week, and haven't got alot done at home that I'm used to doing on a regular basis. The kids help out as much as they are asked and that's about all...:) "It's summer vacation Mom" they say! and I respond...."whooopie!"
Today is "errand day" for us, since they all have decided to go to Bible camp this yr after all. Which is fine with me, but I have some last minute items to pick up. They leave on Sunday....whooo hooo!
This will be the first year in 3 yrs that I don't have to running back and forth all week, getting R to travel to Jefferson City for MCDA, (although it would have been nice if B would have made it this yr) and back to camp in the middle of the week....so not sure what I am going to do with no kids at home....besides the "big kid" still at home working Night shift next week..so I will have the evenings to myself except the evenings that I work. I do have a few things in mind to keep me busy though.
So, tomorrow we are traveling to Memphis for the first time ever, to meet Jon & Brianne (Lee's sister and brother-in-law) and A, who is almost 1 yr old!! :( we haven't seen them since Christmas, so the girls are VERY excited to see her. We keep up with photos of her, and she has grown SO much in the past 6 months! So we are very excited about tomorrow's visit. Wish the whole family could meet, but things didn't work out that way this time.
We still haven't officially met my other niece, "Little P" as R calls her. Brent & Angie's first baby
(Lee's brother and sister-in-law) she is 10 weeks old now! we have seen pictures of course, but probably won't get to see her till Christmas, and R is VERY upset about that....she says "she'll be all grown up by then". I feel awful, but things just didn't work out this yr, that we could make 2 trips to Texas, with gas prices so high especially.... but kids don't understand that.
Anyway, I am off for now to get B up and run my errands so we can get back and start packing for camp. TTFN!

No comments: