Friday, April 18, 2008

Hiding Out.....




I'm hiding out in my room for the first time since we got out of school today...it's not 7:30 pm....I got off at 1 pm today, ran to Wally world and grabbed munchies and a few more things we needed for the week, dropped off R's clothes/sleeping bag and pillow (she was going home with a friend for her sleepover birthday party, picked up the other 2 kids, came home and started pizza. B has a group of friends she has "movie night" with every Friday night or every other at different homes. They bring snacks and watch movies/play games/listen to music, have a fun inexpensive and safe evening at home! I love it! I don't have to worry about anyone driving out in town, it's usually parents who drop them off and pick them up, and it's from like 6-10:30 or 11.....so tonight was our night....and they are all watching "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" with Johnny Depp; I don't really care for it, and have seen it before so I came back in my room for a little quiet time :) Lee is out there with them, he loves to be in the middle of the excitement, loves movies, and he's just a big kid! as long as he doesn't embarrass B, we're OK! R and some friends went out to a movie this evening while the younger siblings are here....we are due to have his movie night soon also. That's who started this thing, was the older kids, and then the younger ones followed. That's fine with me, at least we know they are, safe in our homes and not out at all the wild parties around town! I'm posting a few pics of R and our darling kitty.....she still has her moments...especially if we leave her in her room too long...she rips the towels off the racks and her food dish in the middle of the floor, her food strewn all over the bathroom, and clothes pulled off the hangers, but other than that she has settled down some. We had 2 days of perfect weather, where I mowed and did some yard work, then today it rained off and on, and has cooled down quite a bit, I think it got up to about 64. The boys were going to go pick up some wood out at a friends from church, and burn (HA HA) that's funny!!! I"m thinking it's going to be too wet AGAIN!.....grrrrrrrr........anyway, we will see what happens tomorrow....I may just clean a little, do some laundry and try finishing my book. I'm having a hard time finishing cuz it's NOTHING is quite like "Twilight" "New Moon" and "Eclipse" by Stephanie Meyer! OMGosh! EVERYONE HAS to read these books, and she has a new one coming in August called "Breaking Dawn" I can't explain the books, they are just sooooo, hmmmm...??...EXCITING!! We have teachers in the building reading them that thought we were CRAZY to be so "AAHHHH" over them ...is all I can say.....anyway, you will just have to read them for yourselves to understand what I mean! Just go to B&N and read the 1st chapter of "Twilight" and you will see, you won't be able to put it down! They are the most read books right now, as popular as the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling! This is Stephanie Meyers 1st series, people can't hardly wait for the next to come out in August and the movie being made, coming out in December! I can't wait!!!!! well I've really got to get back to the kids and check in... so TTFN!

No comments: