Monday, April 28, 2008

Beautiful weekend!

Don't know about everyone else, but we had a pretty good weekend. The weekend started out kinda slow, cuz I wasn't feeling well and I had a "stamp'in party" I was hosting. I didn't feel like going at all, but since it was my turn I didn't want to be the party pooper! B helped me make snacks, and went with me, cuz she LOVES to makes cards with all of us girls! I ended up feeling better by the middle of the class. When we got home I got into my jammies and went to bed early and read a little before I passed out! I started reading "Twilight" again, cuz I just couldn't take the Narrator on the CD's any longer!
I got up early Sat to see R off to "State Music Concert" in Columbia. They were gone ALL day!
The girls cleaned house while Lee and I worked outside. Lee worked on replacing the railroad ties that run along the driveway while I mowed and weeded flower beds. I was so pooped by the time I got done I thought my feet would fall off! We got done about 7 pm, and R didn't get home till after 11 that night. We all went to bed as soon as he came home.
R had a friend over for the night and was to get up and go to church with us. We all got up Sunday and went to church, dropped R's friend off after church cuz she was going to her grama's for lunch. We came home and had lunch, then Lee & I went into town to get some flowers to plant in my pots that I put out every year. We came home and potted them, now tonight it's supposed to freeze! so am going to have to pull them all inside the garage...
I woke up the morning not feeling well again...don't know if I have a bug or what but my stomach just isn't feeling well. I went ahead and went into work, but Donna, the Librarian had to leave to go get her daughter from school cuz she was throwing up, and was gone for a couple of hours. When she came back I just left early, went to Mom and Dad's and laid down for a while, covered up in a blanket cuz I was freezing! I think I may have been running a fever but didn't feel like getting up to check. I didn't go home cuz Mom and Dad are out of town, so needed to check on the dog anyway, and I had a job interview this afternoon with a lady from church and didn't want to go home, and have to turn around and come right back into town. So I got a little nap and warmed up some, and still made it to my interview. I start training for this job next week. It's an Answering Service. This will be good for summer and can work around any other job I get for the summer. I applied for about 3 different PT jobs, so I can still have some time off, but I need to make up what I won't be getting from the school district since I am only PT there. Will let you know when I hear more, but for now this answering service will work with me and she is someone from church. She needed a few more people and I had told her back when she started her business that I would help her if she needed me, and I can still work during the school year also. We are helping each other out:)
We an All District concert last Thursday evening, and tomorrow we have a Jr High concert, then the Jr High is making their annual trip to 6 Flags for the Music Competition. I did NOT volunteer to go this year to Chaperone. I think I've done my time the past 5 years! It's time to let other parents volunteer their time. Although B wasn't too happy that I wasn't going this year, but I just don't want to mess with it this year. I don't have anyone to hang out with really, and I never ride the rides so what is the point in paying to get in if I'm not riding?? I will miss hearing the kids perform, but I always get to hear them:)
Anyway......so that is all that has been going on around here....when the weather is warmer then we or I am outside alot more doing yard work....I LOVE to be outside doing yard work!
Oh yeah and 1 more thing! I am an Aunt again! we have another new addition to our family...Presley Adison Simpson born to Brent and Angie last week! Congratulations! I don't have any photos yet, so we don't even know what she looks like yet....the thing I hate the most about living so far from Lee's family is not getting to see the new babies! :( Hopefully we will get to go so her and Avery this summer. Don't know with the gas prices getting so high we may not be able to afford to go. R is dying to go see them! We'll see what happens.....TTFN

No comments: