Where does time go these days? I keep telling myself I'm going to get on every week and update, but been so busy, just don't feel like it when I DO have time! I like to write when no one is distracting me also.
I've been working alot in the past month! I think I said before how busy the month of October is and sure nuf! It was!! I was working 3 PT jobs (Library aide, worked 8 school games, & cleaning houses) keeping up with the girls' schedules, their school functions, church functions, and threw in some yearly Dr appts, OH! and Becka's Senior Photo session, at the end of the month!!
I honestly don't know how I did it and kept sane!! I was literally, running from 1 job to another, 1 function or appointment to another, picking up Ra, dropping her off...etc, etc......
OH! but I have to say the best part of October this year was that Hubby & I got to go away for the weekend! We went to a Couple's Retreat that was sponsored by CofC in our area... First time in....hmmm??? I don' t know actually...I remember going away for the weekend when we lived in Cali, the kids were small... I don't even think Rachell was born yet??
Sadly, I was SO glad to see the month of October end, even though it's my FAVORITE time of the year! I was glad to move on to November, I've been home every night for the past 3 nights and it feels wonderful to come in and make supper, and sit on the couch for the rest of the evening if I wanted to! But usually I get up and throw some laundry in (cuz we mom's know that laundry is NEVER ENDING!)
Last weekend was the 1st weekend in over a month that we were home ALL weekend! I was SO excited to be able to stay home, stay in my jammies, clean my house from top to bottom, get all the laundry done in 1 weekend, and hang out with the family....minus Ri of course...:( sadly he hasn't been home since the first weekend in October when the FHU Chorale came to sing for our gospel meeting! The kids in the Chorale stayed with several different families in our congregation, and we got to hear them perform Sunday afternoon. But Ri has had just as busy of a schedule as I have, so he decided to stay "at home aka the dorm", so he could have some down time and not have to go anywhere....I TOTALLY understood, but at the same time my heart was sad, and for several nights I cried myself to sleep :( I miss him something terrible! Him and I were always so close, and understood each other, talked alot, not to say that's changed in any way, except that he has matured and moved on in his life, as we want for our children, but I didn't realize how difficult it was going to be for me....he called every day his 1st semester, last year. This year he doesn't call near as much, much less now that he has got a girlfriend now :( which I am TOTALLY excited and happy for him, but still breaks my heart when I don't hear from him! Thank goodness for txting!! when I want to check in on him and see if he is busy, or ask him a question, I'll text him, and he can let me know when he has a chance to get back.
3 more weeks and he will be home for a week! I can't wait! I am already planning on what I am going to be making while he is here, maybe put some meat back on him! he has slimmed down way too much I think, but he likes being thin....sadly, again, he doesn't "match" the rest of the family......well, some of us anyway :/ who can't, no matter what we do, can't seem to slim down like the others!!
Well, I will close for now, cuz it is well past my bedtime and I am cleaning 2 houses tomorrow, then working a full day on Friday at school! BLEH!!! Will come back and leave my thoughts about that another time!
TTFN!!
No comments:
Post a Comment