I don't know where time goes when we start school? from the first day of school through the end of the year we stay so busy...I've neglected to keep my blog updated, just cuz I don't have time to sit down and put my thoughts all down....I have spent alot of time on FB, catching up with friends and family from home.
Thank you to all my friends who have been keeping my sister-in-law in your prayers.
I was able to fly home for Julie's memorial, which was a bitter, sweet trip....My brother seemed to he handling things well, considering what all he has been going through for the past few months. He was Julie's personal nurse, cuz she refused to stay in the hospital (which I don't blame her at all. I wouldn't want to "live" in a hospital for 3 months!) He was with her till the very end, watched her take her last breath....very heart breaking to hear him tell the story!
I don't know that I could be that strong! But she is in a much better place, no more pain.
I pray that Troyce can move on now and be happy again some day. Thankfully he has the kids, his grand daughter, coaching her soccer team & his job will keep him busy.
While I was there I was able to see ALOT of old friends & some family that I haven't seen in 20+ yrs!! It was great to see everyone, wish it were on better terms...got to spend time with 1 of my best friends, since we were in 5th grade?? LONG time ago...she was in my wedding 20 yrs ago; the last time I saw her was when we moved out here 8 yrs ago. I missed seeing another 1 of my Best Friends because her daughter was sick and had to be taken to ER the day of Julie's memorial. Her daughter has some stomach issues they may have to do some more testing on her, please pray that the Dr's find out what is wrong and help her through her pain. She is only 12 yrs old.
Although I had a good trip, and was only gone for 5 days, I missed my girls SOOO much!!! I wish that they could have come out with me...maybe in the next couple of yrs we can all make it back out there for a visit. Mom and Dad came back with me this trip; Mom had been out there off and on for 2 months; Dad had stayed home 1 of those trips, while Mom went back to help with Julie.
I was back to work last Thursday, worked 2 days this week and we are off till Monday!! YAY!!
It's nice to have all the kids at home again, not having to go anywhere or do anything. Ri came home from College last Friday evening. He hadn't been home for 3 weeks, that was the longest I think he has gone since he started College. I'm sure that may change after the first of the yr, the newness is wearing off now, and he's making some new friends, but will be good for him :) I'm preparing myself...he calls me every day after classes, on his walk back to his dorm, so I am thankful for that :)
We are having Thanksgiving at Mom & Dad's, so the kids & I have been making pies. They have done a great job! We also took down my "fall" decorations to prepare for Christmas decorations, that we will be putting up the day after Thanksgiving. I used to wait till December cuz it just didn't seem right to put it all up before December!! AND I LOVE fall colors, so I tried to hold out as long as I could, but it got to where I was putting up my tree 2 weeks before Christmas and seemed like a waste of time!! so last yr or maybe the year before?? to start putting the Chritmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving so we have time to enjoy the tree and it's lights and all the work that goes into decorating!! The boys will put the lights up outside and that takes them a couple of hours :) Lee makes Ri climb the ladder now that he is older and Lee HATES heights!! LOL!!
Well, I better get back to taking Fall decorations downstairs and trying to clean the storage up at the same time :)
Will try and post some Thanksgiving pics tomorrow!
TTFN
No comments:
Post a Comment