Monday, May 25, 2009

Officially Graduated!!

















So much has happened in the past month... so much to catch up on since my last post!!

I won't go into too much detail though cuz I don't have that much time! :)
We have had State competitions for Choir, Choir & Band Concerts, 4 day Chicago Music Festival trip for the bands, back in time for Pop Concert auditions and practices, Senior Prom, 4 Pop Concert shows and in the same weekend the Sr's practiced for Baccalaureate, had the Baccalaureate, then headed over to the Sr All Night Party, Finals on Tuesday, Sr breakfast on Wednesday, Graduation practice, and finally....Graduation!!!
There was so much happening in just a few weeks and now it's done!!! and it doesn't feel quite real yet, that I have a HS graduate!! I'm sure it will all hit me when he leaves for College in August!
I helped with everything that I could and still make it to work.
My MIL came up for Ri's graduation and we were so happy to have her here, wish everyone could have come...but glad that she was here to be with us. She came on the last day of Pop Concert so we got tickets for her and Lee to see the kids perform their last show. I don't if she had too much fun with all the craziness going on around here but she just went with all of it, and seemed to enjoy herself. Unfortunately she was stuck home with B and while the rest of us went to work and school, because during the past week, B came down with what everyone was calling the "Pop Concert Flu Bug". B was running a low grade fever after Baccalaureate, stayed home Monday and Tuesday, took her to the Dr. after school and she was running 102.9 by the time we got into the office. She tested negative for strep and the flu, but said she had some sort of viral infection, ears & throat a little red, and breathing was kind of wheezy so he put her on an antibiotic. She stayed home Wed & Thurs, her fever broke Thurs morning, so we went ahead and went to Graduation, from 6pm til almost 9 pm, afterwards went to my parents' house for cake and ice cream so we didn't get home till 11ish, so when B got up the next morning she was running a low grade fever, sick to her stomach, but went ahead and went to school cuz she didn't want to miss any more with all the preparations for Finals they are having Tues & Wed. she didn't feel good but made it through the day, got her Choir & Band final out of the way. Friday night, Ra went to an overnight birthday party, B went to a birthday party for a few hours, and Ri had his first interview, so Lee, my MIL & I took him downtown and dropped him off since he didn't really know where it was. While he was in the interview we went over to Cape Park and walked around a few times before we started being eaten alive by bugs! then drove downtown looked at the wall on the Riverfront. His interview lasted an hour and half. I went and got B at her party and slept in the next morning! YAY! Saturday, I got up and went to get Ra from her party, then Mom and Dad came over for lunch before Lee & Dad took my MIL up to STL to catch her flight back home. The rest of the afternoon was cleaning up from lunch and trying to straighten up the house after the past few weeks of craziness!
The kids went to see a movie later that evening, with the youth group from church, so after Lee & my Dad got back from the airport, we all went out to ice cream, Lee & I came home and worked out in the yard for a while until the kids came home. Sunday and Monday was a relaxing day for the most part, got all my laundry about done.
We have 2 more days of school, making up for snow and ice, otherwise we would have been out last Friday! :( Summer school starts Monday, June 1st. I will be off that first 5 days, then work the next 11 days until the end. Ri will be going to Paragould Children's Home in Paragould AR for the week with some of the youth from Fruitland, and I will be looking for a summer job to start after summer school until we go back to school. I thought I had a job lined up and it fell through. :( I hate looking for jobs! Wish the school would make me FT! maybe some day....well better get back to the laundry I have on my bed so I can go to bed tonight :) TTFN!

No comments: