Saturday, April 18, 2009

Welcome Home..

Welcome home to my parents! They made it home safely from their trip to Cape Town S Africa. They got home after school yesterday. Lee went and picked them up at our meeting place while I picked the girls up and headed over to the house to welcome them home. We stayed for a couple of hours and visited but left them to unpack, unwind and get to bed on time, since they were about a day behind us. They looked tired...Ra's friend came home with us for the evening. We went home and I made pizza and by the time I got it all fixed, everyone fed, and cleaned up it was almost time for bed, at least it felt like it! I was tired...I had a busy week with finishing up MAP testing and stayed busy in the Library.
We had some very sad news come at the end of the week to one of the Special Ed teachers.
She got news Thurs night that her husband, 27 yrs old, who was driving an 18 wheeler was in an accident and killed instantly! They were just married last summer and she is 8 1/2 months pregnant w/ their first baby!! SO SAD!!! It was such a SAD day at school on Friday. Although I do not know her "personally" or outside school, she is always so positive and very easy to talk to, and ANYONE who goes to College to specialize in Special Ed is a VERY SPECIAL person in my book!! I feel SO bad for her and think that she needs alot of prayers!! She's been on my mind since it happened and I just wanted to share with everyone and maybe you can say a prayer for her and the baby. Thanks
Next week will be a busy week also, I will be on my own in the Library Mon & Tues, then we have a MAP celebration, movies and games, Thurs evening is the JR2 All District Spring Concert, then we leave for Freed for a couple of days for CROW HOP, and won't be back till Sat sometime.
Mom & Dad are coming over for lunch tomorrow, so today I got up and started laundry, ran to grocery store, came home and helped B clean out the Focus, then cleaned the house!! The house hasn't been cleaned in ....well I'm embarrassed to say how long it's been since I REALLY cleaned the entire house in 1 day :Q ....I'm tired again...story of my life!
Richard has called me twice since I last talked to him and told myself I wasn't going to call him again, to let him have a fun time without Mom checking in with him to see if he made it safely or what he was doing next!! Yes, HE CALLED ME....almost made me cry.... I was so happy to hear from him....I don't know WHAT I AM GOING to do when he goes off to College?? I will miss him even though I have 2 more at home to keep me busy...... Anyway, he's having a great time, took my camera and taking lotz of pictures! We'll see what they look like when he gets back :P
He will be back tomorrow late afternoon, and is going to be wiped out I'm sure...they have been on the go since they got there!
Well, that is all the updating I have for this week. Hope everyone has a good week!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Take notes on "Coping with a child going off to college" and pass them on to me! You've got a year plus, until I need them. Love ya girl!