It's been over a month since I posted anything! There has been alot going on around here in the past month...Lets see if I can go back and update.
Had to take Ri BACK to the Dr 2 weeks after the first time, and they swabbed him for the Flu (Influenza B) and he was positive! (which was probably what he had the last time but the PA he saw before did NOT check him for the Flu! I had called to find out if I could get more Meds with out coming in, because he had the EXACT same symptoms as before, and they were going to call it in, so I waited and when I called back they put the first PA on the phone to talk to me and she said that I lied to her that I didn't tell her about the fever..HELLO! you saw him the first time with a fever and diagnosed him with a severe sinus infection and now your getting on to me!!))
I was ticked! The next morning I took him into another Dr, when he woke up with fever and she is the one who swabbed him for Influenza B. So, the whole family was put on Tamiflu...Ri had to take it twice a day for 5 days and the rest of us took it once for 10 days, well Ra can't swallow pills apparently...so had to dissolve it in some juice and she cringed every time she had to take it and said it made her feel sick! well Yeah if I had to water it down with juice it would taste YUCKY too! we kept telling her if she would just swallow it with 1 gulp of water it would be over and done with and no after tastes...but NOOOOOO!
At the end of the month Lee's sister, Brianne, her husband Jon,their daughter Avery (whom we went down to TN last summer & hung out at the Pizza place) & Grama Simpson came to visit for a few days. We had a blast just watching Avery "run" all weekend long! she was non stop the whole entire time she was here and the girls had a blast with her too, as they did their other baby cousin, Little P. Jon & Brianne got to stay with us for 3 days, not sure it was much fun being inside the whole time for them, cuz the weather got really cold again, it was down in the 20's with a wind chill even colder! It HAD been warmer just before they showed up, don't know what happened? We celebrated my Dad's 68th birthday while they were here.
The month of March came and went in a flash! I honestly don't know where it went??
We had a family over for Sunday afternoon dinner the weekend after our family left; I talked my best friend Kellie from California several times this past month. We lost touch for a VERY long time and reconnected last year as I mentioned in a previous blog. It has been so good to talk to her and remember "the good ol days", course she is the one reminding me cuz I have forgotten a lot of it....I remember when she starts telling me but she's REMEMBERS it all! So it has been fun to hear and remember the stories from when we were younger. I've also reconnected with several good friends from Jr High and HSon facebook. We all went to church growing up. It's been great!
We've had a Friendship Dinner, a Band Concert, Spring Choir Concert, took a "Personal Day" to get some phones calls made about College and Dental plans (since we don't have dental right now, Lee's job does not offer it) I didn't get as much accomplished on my day off as I had planned, but it was nice to have a day off "alone". I was a little frustrated about not getting a hold of anyone from Freed, regarding financial aid, housing, and Crow Hop Festival. I've found that Friday's are not good days to contact them :) I went and played Bunco with some ladies from church, but was the same day I moved books around in the library and started getting a REALLY bad headache, stuffed up and by the time I got to the game I was NOT feeling good at all. So, I was sick with a sinus infection for several weeks after that, didn't want to go to the Dr cuz I had already forked out enough money with Ri going twice, so I took my own meds, just took longer to get rid of it :) That same week Ri had Contest all week with Band and Choir.
All of our Jackson groups made a "1" rating, Ri made a "2" on his solo, he was upset, but I think he did AWESOME!! He was VERY nervous for some reason this time, his throat was REALLY dry and he sung 3 songs and I didn't understand ANY of them! they were in another language! LOL
I still can't get over the fact that he has done SOLOS the past 2 years!! He has really grown up, and gone so much further than I ever imagined! We are so proud of him!
B on the other hand I don't think will ever do a Solo, she's alot like I was, but then again she may end up surprising us too! B has a beautiful Alto voice, but has decided she is staying in "Women's Choir" for next year, did not want to try out for "Concert Choir", and that's OK, cuz they sound just as good as the Concert Choir except they are all girls! Beautiful voices!
We got together with Mom & Dad to celebrate their Anniversary at the end of the month. We celebrated by going out to eat at our favorite place here, "The Mongolian Grill" YUM!
The beginning of April came and my parents left for their 3rd Mission trip to Cape Town, South Africa. They flew out of St Louis up to NY, then 12 hrs to get to S Africa. They will be coming home on the 17th. We have heard from them a couple of times via email and everything seems to be going well. We are dog sitting while they are gone, the 17yr old Papillon (pronounced PAP PION) dog that is blind and deaf. He sleeps most of the time, but knows when we are leaving, then he follows me all over the house!
The first weekend of April our congregation had a Gospel Meeting with Phil Sanders from KY.
It started on Friday, I didn't make it to the first night. Saturday we ALL spent the day out working in the yard after the girls and I got back from an early morning "Girl Scouts Movie Day", I had bought 2 tickets for Ra & I to go see "Monsters vs Aliens", B decided she wanted to go and since she hadn't been in a while, and I really didn't care about going to see that, I let them go while I did a little shopping, then came back and picked them up after the 10 am movie! SO, when we got home about noon, Lee had gone to get dirt to fill flower beds and holes in the yard, Ri was mowing. We got it all done, but we didn't get done in time to all take showers, fix dinner, eat, shower and get to the meeting in time. I also had to make something for the Potluck on Sunday afternoon, so I was up pretty late.
Sunday it was my month to teach the 1st & 2nd grade class, so I didn't get to go to hear the speaker for class, but did for services. It was also the month that all the groups on the food committee helped with potluck, so we all worked downstairs setting up and cleaning up. We had another service after the potluck. It was our "church eat church" day, which ended at 3 pm, so we all went home and got in our Jammie's and vegged all night!!
This week was supposed to start our "spring break" which we lost most of but 1 day, so Friday was the only day off for Spring break we had. So, Ri had a couple of friends over Thurs evening and they played Xbox till 7am Fri morning, I got up at 6 and told them they needed to get some rest if they were planning on having their "movie night" that afternoon!! Ri & 1 of his friends went to sleep till 2, then kids started showing up about 4ish, I made pizza, then took B to her "movie night", we watched "Slum dog Millionaire" (good movie) and was up till midnight hanging out with the teenagers! it was fun! We all slept in Sat morning, and had a pretty laid back day, Lee got up to go get some wood, and when he got back Ri helped him unload, I did some laundry, read, potted a couple of flowers for my front porch and made supper, everyone had showers and we watched another movie, and headed to bed.
I think that just about brings me up to date on everything...I feel like I have written a Novel!
I will try to keep up with everything happening in the next few weeks, we are going to be extremely busy these next few weeks. Ri & B are getting ready for Pop Concert, Ri is going to Chicago for a "Heritage Festival" for 3 days! and then graduation!
TTFN
1 comment:
Wow. I didn't realize Ri had the Flu!! It's amazing how much has happened in the last month since we had lunch together! LOL
Glad to know you're all better, but I know...now we start allergy season! :)
We need to get together soon and get caught up again!
Post a Comment