Sunday, January 18, 2009

More Updating......and whining

Well, I'm going to try this again...I've been having a hard time deciding on what to write and what not to write....the New Year started out well, but have had some depressing days as anyone does I'm sure...I hate to post things when I am feeling down. I haven't been in the mood when I get on here to really write like I have before.
I was glad to get back to work, but at the same time I wished to be staying home, but can't do that and pay the bills and extra stuff for the kids that comes out of my check (used to anyway, but not in the past few months with Lee's job change and big change in our income) we are by no means well off, never have been and probably never will be at this point, and that is Ok...I just wish to be comfortable. When the kids were younger and we lived off of Lee's income only, we created bills of things that were "wants" and not "needs" and those bills followed us here, and at 1 point we were doing really good, but then I lost my summer pay and well then created more bills, and now we are back where we were before with less pay! I've cut back all I can cut back and cut corners where I can, and "robbed peter to pay paul" as the saying goes. We tried refinancing and they won't refinance us with a better rate because his job is not "permanent"...sooooooo it just becomes a little overwhelming at times, but I have to keep my "cool" for DH, because it's very upsetting to him. He doesn't handle stress too well...:)
I've thought about getting a 2nd job, but really I have a 2nd job, working the games through the school year, and still able to be home with the kids. That is the whole reason I took a school job, so that I could be home with the kids when they were home. I feel a little selfish even talking about it, cuz I know there are SO many families out there MUCH worse off than we are. I just don't see a light at the end of the tunnel with all the job losses and business' closing....wondering if DH will ever become permanent, or should we move on? he's applied for another job, but is waiting to hear from them. Should we sell and move in with the parents and save some money/pay some bills off? or should we stick it out and see what God has planned for us? I don't like not having a plan or not seeing what is ahead, it scares me and makes me very uncomfortable. I like having a "plan".
Along with the money issues, I worry about my Sister-n-law, Julie, and my Brother in California, and pray that God will give them many more years together. I hope that the Dr's can fix what can be fixed and she WILL be "Cancer Free". ~ I have friends in other states I think of often and pray for them every day that things will get better for them. ~ My father-in-law continues to have bad health, as my Uncle so they are ALWAYS in our prayers.
So you see I should have NO reason to be complaining, because there are others out there...but yet I still worry and wonder if things will get better?

Well enough of my "Whining"!! I have been doing alot of reading, of other people's blogs that keep my spirits up and have found that there are many other people in the world who have gone through so much and yet still stay strong for the Lord! It's very uplifting for me to read about such people, and yet, always thinking of others.
I've also been reconnecting with "old friends" from "home" in California. It's been nice to hear from them and hear about their families and what they have done over the past 20+ years ! :P

We have had a change in ministers at our congregation, which has been a little difficult for everyone. He is so much different than Bryan. He seems like a very good person and has a nice family, but just isn't the same. I know we must give him time, he is just as nervous as we would be moving to a "new school"....and Boy do we know what that feels like!!! I tried to explain that to Ra, who isn't very happy about the "change" either. But time and prayer will tell :)
I have been working my normal hours 8-1, and work a couple of games through out the week, and the weekends are saved for cleaning, laundry and church functions as usual, with several other activities added in here and there that the 2 oldest ones seem to come up with at the last minute with their friends.....but that is Ok cuz it's usually a movie, or Xbox 360-ROCK BAND night, or Birthday parties, but it keeps me up late, cuz I don't go to sleep until they get home. But I had to put my foot down a few times, cuz sometimes Ri is just "Go GO Go " non stop with his friends. Some weekends we don't see him except for Sunday! But I am selfish I want him home with us, because soon he will be gone away to College, and will only get to see him on breaks!! That will be very hard :(
At the beginning of the year B & I decided to start eating healthy, which has gotten everyone but "Mr CARB Man" Ri , thinking about what they put into their mouths! So, B and I have been working really hard for 2 weeks, watching what we eat, walking on the treadmill and exercising. "Biggest Loser" keeps us motivated! She didn't weigh until a week into it, but has lost 3 lbs in a week. I have lost 6.6 lbs in 2 weeks, so we are feeling pretty good! and we hope to keep it up. It's just alot of work to start a new routine, and harder as I get older to fit exercise into my routine (like now while I SIT on the couch at the puter) :)
Well, we are off to evening services in a couple of hours and I need to finish up food for the potluck after church " Welcoming the Sterchi family"....
Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

3 comments:

adoptingmama said...

Aw..I'm sorry you are feeling down. Sometimes just putting it in writing helps you see the whole picture! Many blessings and I hope it gets better soon! ~Aloha~

Tina said...

I sure wish I had the words to make it all good. I'm here if you need me. Y'all mean a lot to us. You're always in our prayers. Love ya girl!

Denise Bryant (imchatty) said...

I can totally relate to everything you wrote in this post. Hang in there and things will get better.