Monday, November 17, 2008

Feeling Like Christmas.....

The weather is feeling more like Christmas than Thanksgiving next week. It's been cold enough for us to stoke up a fire in our stove, trying not to use the heat at all. I have used it twice to take the chill off in the morning when I got up and it was 62 degrees in the house! BRRRRR!!
I just realized we are already half way through the month! where does the time go??
We will be putting up our tree next week, the day after Thanksgiving, since we will be celebrating alone this year. Mom & Dad will be in California. I'm ready for it, just haven't bought any gifts yet....not having a huge Christmas this year. We will be staying home for that also, the girls are not very happy we won't be going to Texas, but Lee will not have enough time off to travel down this yr. Maybe next year?
The past 2 weeks we have had church functions, I worked a couple of games, the kids had All District Choir, where they practiced all day with others around the area that were chosen by audition, and performed in the evening, which was at SEMO this yr, so we didn't have to drive far.
B and I went to a Stamp Camp that a friend of mine hosted and made like 12 cards for Christmas! We had lots of fun with Michelle and the girls!
I attended the "Veteran's Day" Assembly that the HS Choirs put on last week, and I have to say, that I was very moved. I have never tried to go before cuz it was during school and I honestly didn't think that it was a big deal, no offense to anyone. But I decided to go this yr because it would be the only yr that Ri & B sang together for it, my parents couldn't go, and Lee had to work. The Choir kids stood around the whole auditorium and some of the Seniors sat on the stage. They had the Class President and Vice President speak, they recognized all the departments of the military and those who were there, were asked to stand and given recognition for their time given in the military. It was a very emotional assembly and I was so proud of ALL the kids who were there who spoke and sang for our Military. The most emotional part was to hear my kids singing and when B brought me a rose for Lee, I bawled!!! My eyes just wouldn't stop running like a faucet just about through the whole thing. I have become an emotional mess this year. I don't know what it is?? I cry when I see them do things that make me proud, I cry when I think of Ri leaving and being gone at night, when we have family time I cry, and to see the 2 older ones all grown up and to hear them sing with such an Awesome group of kids makes me cry. I LOVE to hear them sing! I even cried when I took Lee the Carnation at work, from B!
So anyway...enough of my babbling...B & I went to a pampered Chef party at the last minute last week, Friday night we stayed home for the first time in weeks! but we had a game on Sat cuz our football team is in the semi finals, so I worked the game and B marched and we FROZE our tails off!! it was 39 degrees and windy, the wind chill must have been 10 degrees less! Sunday afternoon Ri and I went out shoe shopping and then back to church, the kids had a Sr High Movie night after church. Today was a EXREMELY busy day, I didn't actually start working till ....oh about 11:30, worked till after 3, we are home now, but heading back out to a Band Banquet, they are having "Sr Appreciation Night". Tomorrow night we have "Friendship Sisters", Wed after school Ri is having his Sr pics done, then Bible study, Thursday Mom & Dad are leaving for California and Friday night we are going to see "Twilight"!! Already bought our tickets!! can't wait.....well I need to get off here and get to the Band Banquet.....TTFN!

No comments: