Sunday, May 25, 2008

Semi Camping/No technology weekend....


We waited a little late to make reservations for going camping because there has just been too much going on for me to make them...so decided to just camp out in our back yard since it is so big and we have lots of trees. We are saving money for a campsite and gas getting there! We set up a tent, and have a fire pit, am cooking on the grill and some inside, things we would normally cook while camping, roasted hot dogs, marshmallow's, and of course get to take showers. We don't ever go camping where there isn't a bathroom/shower anyway! The only thing we are missing is a river or lake, but we worked a little on the pool, am draining it to get it cleaned out. B and I had a "Stamp A rama" party Friday night to go to, and R had a game. I went and dropped B off at the party, came back and watched R's game (which they won) went back to the party and helped finish up the cards and stuff B was making. The others went home and finished setting up the tent and waited for us to get home and roast marshmallows and head to bed, it was nice outside and we could see the stars through the roof of our tent...so pretty....woke up early the next morning as soon as the sun came up at 6AM but stayed in bed and relaxed. I got up a little after 7 to start making waffles before Lee took the girls to a friend of his to feed some baby calves. After they got back we all worked out in the yard, since it was supposed to be "no technology" weekend, like when we go camping....we took a nap yesterday afternoon, started a campfire early afternoon, roasted some hot dogs for lunch, it rained and we sat under umbrellas until it passed, came in a took showers, went back out and sat around the campfire and roasted marshmallows and had smores, and went to bed about 11pm. We got up in time for church this morning, but by the time we got home it had warmed up quite a bit, so we have hung out inside this afternoon and laid around; R & I took a nap after we bbq'd turkey burgers and cooked up some fried potatoes, while the others watched a movie (so much for no technology) and as I sit here on the computer writing to you all :) So I have pics of this weekend, but think I am going to post them into a new album of " 2008 Spring Pics" since have several random pics. We are under a thunderstorm warning till 10 pm this evening, so don't know what we will do this evening? We will be spending Memorial Day with at Mom and Dad's tomorrow. The kids' bikes are over there since they have a better place to ride bikes, and close to the park, so think we will try and go over to the park, then we are bbq'in and hanging out over there for the day. Hopefully it won't rain. There are only 4 days left of school!! I am taking my last "personal day" to hang out with R at her "Carnival/Track & Field Day" like I do every year and this will be her last yr she will probably want me there, since next yr she will be at the Middle school and in 6th grade!:( I guess that is all the news there is going on here. This is will be a short week! yeh!! Have a great week! TTFN!

No comments: