I am so ready for Spring...just a normal season of Spring! We have had such weird weather lately, wonder if we are going to just skip right through spring and into a HOT summer??
Well, I'll try to go back and let you know what has happened in the past 2 weeks...
We had another "ice day" out from school, then another at the end of the week, the 2nd week of March! Concerts were canceled, which wasn't good for the kids going to State, cuz this was their "practice concerts". R had his Recital on Sunday on the 9th, which I think he did wonderful of course!! We had a pizza potluck that same night, back to school on Monday with all sorts of practices preparing for competitions, B & I had our annual eye exams, which had actually been 2yrs, $500 later that would be why I don't go every yr! Both of our glasses had broke, and neither one of us had been wearing anything for over a week. I had contacts but just can't seem to get used to something on my eyeball! and honestly I saw better without them! R had Band Contest on Wed, and Mom, Dad & I went to hear the JHS Wind Sympony play and they ended up making a "1"! yeah! Friday I took the day off so that we could go and see R do his solo, B play in her trio ensemble, and R in his Double Quartet ensemble. They both did very well.
There was a judge in 1 of the rooms that gave all of our HS kids a 3 or 4 on their solo's, even the best of the best in the choir... all of the kids were VERY upset! Everyone was very disappointed with the judge. B's trio ensemble didn't do as well as they expected due to another tough judge..but R's DQ Ensemble made a "1"! They sounded SOOO good....... it brought tears to my eyes... they harmonized so well together and sang Accapella in 1 of the songs, it just sounded so Awesome! By the end of the day they were so ready for the day to be over. We took them over to Mom & Dad's to wait for them to get back from the Dr. Dad had an MRI on his back. He has a Compression Fracture and Osteoporosis. He's been in alot of pain the past few weeks, and was on medication but just wasn't helping so went and had some tests run. They are going to do a procedure on him called "Balloon Kyphoplasty" some new procedure that basically shoots cement into his back and cements it back together! So we waited for them to get back so Lee & I could leave for our overnight trip to a condo some friends of ours have on a every other yr plan. We headed out about 4 ish, met them at their house, and headed north for about an hour and half, stopped by a Wallyworld to get food for the night and breakfast the next morning, pulled in about 6:30. We got everything unpacked and I started supper, we ended up eating about 7:30 pm, oh that is sooo late for me!! we stayed up and played "Mexican train", listened to "oldies" we only lasted till 2 am! we got up the next morning about 9:30, ate some breakfast, they headed out to some meeting they had to go to, that was only supposed to last 30 minutes...hehe....an hour and half later or maybe more I don't remember they came in?? anyway...they were given the "sales pitch" trying to get them to upgrade! anway...we vetoed the original plans to go to the City Museum, so we went to a little town with a bunch of shops up the hwy and walked around there until supper time, headed back into town to eat at "Ruby Tuesday", and headed back home. We ended up getting in about 8ish Sat evening. We were pretty wiped out from the week and the quick weekend ...went waaaay to fast.....wish we could have stayed another night, but had already made arrangements to get back for church Sunday am. We got up and made it to class on time, especially since I had a class to teach...:) came home, fixed some lunch, I ran back into town to grab a few groceries, Lee cut up more branches around the yard to get ready to burn, went out to pizza after church Sunday pm with one of the Elders & his wife.
Monday we were back to normal minus all the practices !! yeah!!! Mrs. Shinn actaully canceled Men's Choir practice last night cuz they were tired of all the singing! ha ha we actually got to go home after school and relax!
This morning we got up and it had rained most of the night, water everywhere, went to school, later this morning, there were Warnings out about flooding, and main streets closed because of flooding, schools closing in the big town just up the road, and some of the Rural schools. About 12 I went and picked my kids up when they said the old hwy into our subdivision was closed, and all the talk about kids ending up staying at school over night, and busses not running! So we got up to the intersection where the hwy splits into a 2nd hwy (which was closed because a creek had flooded) and ours was closed off also, but only to through traffic, so I went around and got everyone home safe and dry! there was flooding in the road out in front of the subdivision, but nothing major. It had rained ALLLLL day, mom said she emptied her rain gauge atleast twice and that's 8 inches! I think the news said they had 10.6 inches today, and it's still raining! They talked about school being out tomorrow.....don't know what they will do with that?? Dr Anderson, our Superintendent didn't want to dismiss school, because "the kids were safer there that riding home, and not having anyone there, and if parents or guardians didn't make it home tonight", some may be spending the night at the school they said...that should be interesting. There were several parents picking kids up since early this morning.
Well, will let everyone know what happens tomorrow, but for now I'm off to iron some clothes and watch AI!! TTFN!
No comments:
Post a Comment