Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring at Last!!

Sorry I haven't been back till now..been busy and too tired to get on here in the evening.
We did have a day off for Flooding that next day. I got busy on some "Spring cleaning", getting rid of things that I haven't looked at in months or forgot was there, cleaning out closets and going through old clothes. I didn't finish but got a good start.
We went back to school on Wednesday, and Thursday after school R & B left for Harding Spring Sing for 2 nights! yeahhhh!!! But I had something happening the whole time they were gone, just made it that much easier with them not here. Thursday night we had a Friendship Sister dinner at the church building and got home about bedtime. Lee was home to stay with R so didn't have to take her with me.
Friday morning (1st day of spring break) dropped Lee and R off at Mom & Dad's to put a new faucet in for them while I ran up to the hospital to sit with Mom while Dad was in surgery; I ran and got lunch for Mom and I and when I got back Dad was in his own room. I stayed and visited for a while then headed back to pick up Lee & R and headed out to grab some groceries then home before I ran out to a "Stamp'in Party" stayed for about 4 hrs...could have stayed all night but was in a hurry when I left the house, and forgot some of my things so got home about 10ish?? Spent some time with R and went to bed. May post a couple of them when I get a chance.
Saturday, Lee & I were asked to sing at a funeral so we took R with us, after the funeral I dropped Lee off at Mom and Dad's to get Dad's truck to go and pick up some wood out at a friend's house, while R & I came home and cleaned house. About 4ish we headed over to the church building to get the kids, drop by and see Dad, then headed home. The kids were EXTREMELY tired from the "quick" 2 days. They stayed pretty busy while they were gone, saw the concert and went rock climbing also.
Oh yeah , and all the while we were a 1 car family this weekend, cuz they took our van to Harding, which was OK, cuz Lee has been "testing" a car to buy because his little 15 yr old ford escort is at 186,000 miles and on it's last leg. He went down to the guy we have bought from in the past, and he came home on Monday with a Gray 2000 Ford Focus, had 114,000 miles for $2895?? we liked it for Lee, and driving back and forth to work, until after a day and it started making some weird noises that sounded like the transmission, and the stereo would blink on and off then some foreign stuff popping up on the screen. Lee called and the owner was planning on making a trip into town, so he met Lee and swapped it out for a Red 2006 Ford Focus with 14,000 miles on it for $10,000, a little more than what we wanted to pay, but oh sooooo sweet!! we loved it! so I got to drive it all weekend! he he......of course Lee did too...
So Sunday we got up and went to church, came home and I made sour cream chicken Enchilada's, and made a pan for Mom and Dad, since they didn't get to come over for Easter Sunday. We took it over later that afternoon, after Dad got home from the hospital.
So, today is our 4th day of spring break(including Sat & Sun)and I spent my whole morning down south signing paperwork for Lee's new car...we left the house this morning at 9, dropped by the insurance co, and then headed down to Ford. I left a little after noon in
Lee's old Escort. So, that will be R's car, that he calls "POC" car (piece of crap) but he was pretty excited when we unloaded all of Lee's "C" out of it, and wiped the inside down, which hasn't been done but maybe 3 or 4 times since we've moved out here, cuz it was a "work car" .....it looked like he was back in the Navy, and lived out of it! took off the old seat covers, which totally saved the seats!! they look "NEW" not kidding!! Anyway, he was pretty excited when he drove off to a friends for the night :)
After I got home and ate a bit of lunch, R and I started cleaning out the car until B & I had to go to an Optometrist appt for her contacts. We didn't get home till about 6, and there went my day!! R & I spent the evening so far going through some old clothes that I saved for her from B. There was a BUNCH of clothes!! I didn't realize how many I had kept.
We are finishing spring cleaning and getting rid of things for a garage sale our Jr Youth group from church are having for a "feed the children" program we've signed up for.
Hopefully we can get out in the yard tomorrow before it starts raining again. We still need to burn from the 'ice storm" and stack some wood we have thrown into a pile as we've cut, just haven't been home long enough or when we are home it's raining, so it's just not been very convenient.
We'll see what tomorrow holds for us depending on the weather. I will also get a pic of Lee's car tomorrow and post it.
TTFN!

1 comment:

Denise Bryant (imchatty) said...

congrats on the new car. i am in love with my new car too. soooo sweet.