Monday, February 11, 2008

Wintery Weather




Well, we are home once again for "Winter Storm weather". We were at school about an hour when someone came in and said that we were getting out at 10:30 am. As soon as I left to go get the kids it started raining, then sleet, the closer we got to the house the heavier it got. It was freezing on our windshield, even with the defrost on! We got home just in time, cuz it has been sleeting all day, at times it looked like rain, but it was a mix of snow and heavy sleet! We have 3 inches of sleet. I don't know if we will be out of school tomorrow or not yet, because our Superintendent always waits till the very last minute to decide to close school or not....even when all the other schools are closed! :P
So anyway, now about our weekend. We spent all day Saturday cleaning and re arranging furniture. For those who missed the last post, we are putting our house back on the market, and our Realtor wanted us to "stage", so we spent Sat doing that. The kids ended up going through their rooms and "deep" cleaning, so spent alot of time on that which was nice, then I was able to get 1 job completely finished without being interrupted and moved on to another! R ran across a couple of photo albums and got a little upset about time going by so quickly, and friends back in California he wants to see before they are forgotten, and going off to college, and just wanting time to just slow down. Since the first of the year he seems a little stressed and really no reason cuz we haven't had near as much going on like we did last yr. Last yr we had MCDA, Madrigal, and we were all getting ready to travel to Tan Tar A for the kids to perform for the MMEA (Missouri Music Educator Association) along with Finals!
I think it's getting close to the end of his Jr. yr, planning his Sr yr and college is a bit scary for him. We had a "family meeting" and have been trying to spend time together as a "family" these past couple of weeks anyway, so all this combined, it was a bit of an emotional weekend.
I'm trying to be strong, cuz I see my "little R" growing up and planning for College, and it's scary for me, so I can imagine what he's feeling, and the thought of him going off to College makes me sad, cuz I will miss him terribly.
Anyway, I guess I should get off here and do something than hang out on the computer all day when I should be doing something on my day home...Oh and are out of school tomorrow! It's supposed to sleet until late tonight and then freeze, and possible snow tomorrow am.
So will catch you tomorrow if I have anything to tell you, since games,Parent/Teacher Conferences, and the Choir Festival have been canceled (which B forgot to tell me until I mentioned that it was canceled!) I may not have anything to tell everyone LOL! so TTFN!

No comments: