things are looking up and then....WHAM!! talk about kicking someone when they are down!
Not even a yr on the job, barely 5 months permanent, and they let more people go and there really isn't many to let go...plus I still haven't found anything for the summer months and we were just figuring out how we were going to eat for the summer :) "had" money to pay the bills and that was it! Jobs are scarce!
Lee was on his way out the door, clocked out after 2 days of inventory and 1 of the "big guys" from Chicago walked up to him as Lee was getting in his car and said they were letting him go, gave him his 2 days of pay! He told Lee that they were letting everyone go, going to start all over with a whole "new" crew starting out at $8.50 an hr! Lee asked him if he could still have his job and take the deduction in pay and he said again that he wanted a whole new crew!!
Lee was DEVASTATED!! When he came home I was on the phone with a friend from Cali, he looked at me with this strange look on his face, I asked him what was wrong and he broke down....I hung up with my friend and heard the story and couldn't believe my ears! I think I'm still in shock! In less than a yr
We have VBS this week so we went on to that last night. We had lots of encouragement from all of our church family and had a couple of phone calls last night even after we got home on job prospects already! We are truly blessed to have the friends we have! I don't know what would have happened if we didn't have our church family!
Lee got up this morning and started looking for jobs online, and making phone calls. He went into town for a couple of jobs, and has an interview in the morning with the school district. So things are OK for now, they won't pay the bills but it's a step in the right direction. I was told by a dear friend and several other friends, that God has bigger and better plans for us!
Will be back for more updating on other things happening around here :)
1 comment:
Keep your chins up! You are right though...how do people without a church family survive?
Post a Comment