Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy 40th Birthday Bro!!!

Happy 40th Birthday to my little brother!!
He and Julie took a little trip to Monteray coast for a little well needed "time off from everything". It's such a beautiful place to take some time off.
They received 2 phone calls regarding results from the test, and was
that the brain metastases are both reduced remarkably in size- an excellent response to the radiation. There is a questionable area of enhancement in a bone of the neck, however, that your Oncologist will have to investigate further- it could represent another metastasis or a benign abnormality. They will follow the brain lesions every 2 months for now. The Dr. will order an MRI for mid-March. Also make sure that their Oncologist is aware of your MRI finding.
Then later that evening Julie received a call from her Oncologist and he told her
he had reviewed the MRI and told her not to worry. The oncologist said that he has treatments that will take care of what she has. He's very very positive, which helped her out alot. She goes in on Jan 31st for an MRI of her spine. Once that is done, and they are clear, then she will start her chemo treatments. The oncologist didn't want to start before then just in case there's something there and they have to do radiation on her spine. He didn't want her to go thru both at the same time even though you can. After Julie talked to the oncologist, it really eased her mind. She's just really tired and she's been fighting for a long time.
So that was a little better news, just need to keep praying for her. She's having a rough time being that she has gone through this before and she is real run down.
Thank you to all of you who have been keeping them in your prayers!

Today I stayed home with a sick child :( Ra complained of a sore throat and neck hurting yesterday evening before I headed out to a wrestling match and when I came in she had taken a shower and was laying on the couch wrapped up in blankets and it was like 70 degrees in the house! so I gave her some medicine and sent her to bed. This morning she got up and her throat was still real sore and I took her temp and she was running a fever so we stayed home. She was upset cuz they are studying Chinese New Year in her Social Studies class and they were going to make Chinese lamps and she really wanted to be a part of that, but it wasn't until the end of the day and I knew that she wouldn't make it through the day, besides the fact she was running a fever! I gave her more medicine and she laid on the couch till noon watching "Growing up" by Animal planet that G & G Simpson gave the girls for Christmas. They love Animal planet! I sat down and watched with her while I went through some magazines and folded laundry, and I have to say they were pretty interesting. After lunch I started feeling bad, all of a sudden a had a stomach ache, and headache, and had to "run" to the bathroom! I took some ibuprofen and laid down for a while, about the time I was getting comfy and almost dozing off, I got a phone call saying the place we bought our couches from were coming to get them so they could be repaired (for the 2nd time in 7 yrs ??) anyway....and everyone was scheduled to be home soon anyway, so I got up and vacuumed behind the couch and cushions and the floor while I was at it and started pizza.
We have company coming twice within a month of each other! we are SO excited!!
We get to see my other niece (Presley) whom we have never seen (except for in pics) and she is 7 months now?? and of course she will be bringing mommy & daddy :) (Brent & Angie), then in another 3 weeks Jon & Brianne will be coming and bringing little Ms Avery!! she is almost 15 months old now and walking!!
But we have lots to do before the family gets here....we had a wall we had to replace and some other odd jobs that have been put off around here, cuz we don't usually get much company. So Lee will be sanding the wall and maybe painting it soon. We had a border up around in the "sun room/LR" that had to be taken down with part of the wall, and we couldn't find it to replace it, so that will be another job, but will probably wait till after company. As long as we get it painted and my drapes put back up and my room put back together I will be happy..before they get here :)
It's about time for my kids to get home from their "movie nights", so TTFN


No comments: