We had a good Christmas, even though we didn't get to go to Texas this year. We spent Christmas Eve with my parents at our house. I made Chicken Enchilada's, Mom brought lots of food! She brought bean dip, chips, veggie tray, pies, and we still had plenty of cookies left over from treat bags Ra and I made for teachers! we had so much food left over, we saved it for Christmas day! After we ate dinner, and cleaned up we all opened up presents! We didn't spend alot on Christmas this year, cuz we really didn't need alot, so we got "practical" things for the kids. B's main gift was her class ring, Ri's main gift was an MP3 player/clock radio I ordered online, and Ra's main gift was her digital camera (which B didn't think was fair that she got one sooner than she did! OH Boy did I hear about that!) We all enjoyed all the gifts we received from everyone! We stayed up to hear "Heartland Holidays" where 4 different choirs were chosen to sing on TV, the Jackson HS Concert Choir being one of them :) course they were the last ones to sing and it was after midnight when we got to bed....just in time for "Santa" to come! We all slept in Christmas day, then headed over to Mom & Dad's for Christmas dinner. Again, we had so much food, that we had alot left over! there was enough to feed another family! We watched one of the girls' movies from "Santa" after cleaning up and trying to find room for all the left over food. We headed home about 6ish, and got all our food put away that we were sent home with! Some of us went to bed early while others stayed up and read:) We all slept pretty late this morning. Ri was up fairly early cuz he was headed over to a "movie day" at a friends house, and I volunteered to make pizza. Anytime the kids come over, I make pizza and they just LOVE it, so they were all pretty excited about the pizza. I dropped the pizza's off at the party on my way out shopping with the girls! they had some things to return and exchange, so we decided to get out of the house for a while....not sure it was such a good idea, but we got everything done we wanted to. B was a little overwhelmed with all the people, everywhere she turned! she acted a little claustrophobic, and wanted to leave as soon as we got what SHE wanted....but we went and looked at 50% off Christmas stuff and they found some cute little stockings for the kitty's! oyie! We were out for about 3 hours, got home in time for me to make more pizza for us...now I am down the evening.... Tomorrow I will start taking Christmas stuff down, leaving my snowmen up, but the rest needs to be taken down before we go back to school. We have several things going on next week, so I know if I don't get started then it will be time to go back to school. I have good news about my Sister-in-Law and Uncle. They both are Cancer free!! They will continue to be checked. Julie is taking some new chemo pill, and will be evaluated after the first of the year. My Uncle is finishing up his 2 kinds of chemo and will continue to be checked also, every few months. I just want to Thank everyone again for all the Prayers for them! My family is SO THANKFUL for such wonderful Christian Friends and Family. I truly believe that it has made a difference and helped them fight this battle with cancer. Please continue to remember them as they continue fighting! Hope everyone had a Wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! Love you all!
Friday, December 26, 2008
December Update
We had a good Christmas, even though we didn't get to go to Texas this year. We spent Christmas Eve with my parents at our house. I made Chicken Enchilada's, Mom brought lots of food! She brought bean dip, chips, veggie tray, pies, and we still had plenty of cookies left over from treat bags Ra and I made for teachers! we had so much food left over, we saved it for Christmas day! After we ate dinner, and cleaned up we all opened up presents! We didn't spend alot on Christmas this year, cuz we really didn't need alot, so we got "practical" things for the kids. B's main gift was her class ring, Ri's main gift was an MP3 player/clock radio I ordered online, and Ra's main gift was her digital camera (which B didn't think was fair that she got one sooner than she did! OH Boy did I hear about that!) We all enjoyed all the gifts we received from everyone! We stayed up to hear "Heartland Holidays" where 4 different choirs were chosen to sing on TV, the Jackson HS Concert Choir being one of them :) course they were the last ones to sing and it was after midnight when we got to bed....just in time for "Santa" to come! We all slept in Christmas day, then headed over to Mom & Dad's for Christmas dinner. Again, we had so much food, that we had alot left over! there was enough to feed another family! We watched one of the girls' movies from "Santa" after cleaning up and trying to find room for all the left over food. We headed home about 6ish, and got all our food put away that we were sent home with! Some of us went to bed early while others stayed up and read:) We all slept pretty late this morning. Ri was up fairly early cuz he was headed over to a "movie day" at a friends house, and I volunteered to make pizza. Anytime the kids come over, I make pizza and they just LOVE it, so they were all pretty excited about the pizza. I dropped the pizza's off at the party on my way out shopping with the girls! they had some things to return and exchange, so we decided to get out of the house for a while....not sure it was such a good idea, but we got everything done we wanted to. B was a little overwhelmed with all the people, everywhere she turned! she acted a little claustrophobic, and wanted to leave as soon as we got what SHE wanted....but we went and looked at 50% off Christmas stuff and they found some cute little stockings for the kitty's! oyie! We were out for about 3 hours, got home in time for me to make more pizza for us...now I am down the evening.... Tomorrow I will start taking Christmas stuff down, leaving my snowmen up, but the rest needs to be taken down before we go back to school. We have several things going on next week, so I know if I don't get started then it will be time to go back to school. I have good news about my Sister-in-Law and Uncle. They both are Cancer free!! They will continue to be checked. Julie is taking some new chemo pill, and will be evaluated after the first of the year. My Uncle is finishing up his 2 kinds of chemo and will continue to be checked also, every few months. I just want to Thank everyone again for all the Prayers for them! My family is SO THANKFUL for such wonderful Christian Friends and Family. I truly believe that it has made a difference and helped them fight this battle with cancer. Please continue to remember them as they continue fighting! Hope everyone had a Wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WOW, so happy about Julie and your uncle! Cancer free?!?!?! That's completely awesome! God is good! :)
Sounds like you had a really great Christmas...can't wait to get together this weekend!
Post a Comment