Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Back from Freed trip....

and back to work and school. We had such a good time on our trip to Freed Hardeman University Campus! we got attend the Chapel service that they have every day for 30 minutes, a tour of most of the campus, they fed us lunch, and had some of the teachers at different tables and we ended up at the Choir directors table, (whom we had just seen the day before at church), had a "parent" meeting while the kids went off on their own "info session" with some of the students. We truly enjoyed ourselves and got it all done in 5 hours!
R was SO pumped up, and ready to start "Now", graduate next semester and start! but I think he would be disappointed later, if he didn't get to graduate with all if his friends. Lee says he wishes he would have done that and not graduated early.
Anyway, we go SO much information to bring home, most of his stuff is done though, just waiting to hear back about his transcript info. He's already accepted an Academic scholarship from them, but with his transcript being sent he can possibly get another, so that is what we are waiting on, to see what it will be. Then we will apply for everything and anything we can get.
It's very exciting! Reminds me of when I went to College, even the little time I spent there, I have many memories and cherish them all.
I think this is the BEST place for any Christian student to continue their studies. Every single person we spoke to were SO positive and SO friendly, and the more I saw the more I loved it and think that this is the best place for all my children. It's like it's own little world over there. They have just about everything without having to go into town except to get toiletries. They have a coffee shop, fast food hang outs, places to hang out all over campus, and are building a new cinema. I was just very impressed! and to see R so excited about continuing his education in such an awesome Christian environment makes me very emotional and I am so proud. It's a very emotional thing anyway, cuz him and I are very close and to think of him leaving breaks my heart, as I sit here and get teary eyed thinking about it, but I know that this will be the best experience of his life!
Ok, so enough of my babbling.......Lee & I are celebrating our 19th Anniversary, and we are all going out to eat....so waiting for the kids to get home and we shall depart. TTFN

No comments: