I just realized that it has been a week since I last posted anything! ...this week has gone by fast!
Last weekend we got up and mowed the yards, before "Ike" was "supposed" to come up our way and bring LOTZ of rain! so says the Weather guys....BAH! what school did they go to? Ha Ha!
we had over cast skies, cooler temps and lotz of wind causing some damage around here, but not the rain they expected, and our power went out on Sunday morning about 8:30 and didn't come back on till about 12, then went back off that night at 10:30pm, right after we crawled into bed and didn't come back on till 6pm Monday evening. Mom and I had come back over and put all my refrigerator stuff in an ice chest. We all went to mom and dad's till about 6 when our neighbors called and told us it had come back on. We waited around for about 30 min before we headed home just in case it went off again. I don't know what caused it to go out Sunday night for that long, I had heard a different story than what the news said, but anyway we got it back and was able to go home and sleep in our beds. Even though Mom and Dad fed us, gave us a place to stay if needed...Thanks Mom and Dad!!
We had some nice cool weather the past few days, enough to open up the house. I love to open my house, (even if I wake up stuffy) B had stopped taking her allergy medication she is to take all year round out here. So she got sick over the weekend :l head was all stuffed up, tonsils and adenoids were swollen, she couldn't hardly swallow, so she stayed home for 2 days. She was back to school today, but will have lots of work to catch up on, and due on Friday.
Well, I am home early today, cuz R is going home with a friend from school, going to church with her, so I came home and vacuumed my house, mopped my kitchen, and am vacuuming the pool of all the leaves and branches from the storm. The kids will be home soon, but I am working a Volleyball game tonight, while the others head to Bible study tonight. TTFN!
No comments:
Post a Comment