Happy Father's Day to all my friends and family who are fathers!!
It's been over a week since I've been on here cuz there has been some change in my summer plans for the next month....well through the 26th. I got a call the day after summer school had started from the Assistant Principal where I work and wanted to know if I wanted to work with a Remedial Reading group for summer school, and of course I said I would! another month of pay I don't have to stress about. I had to re arrange my schedule with Marcia from the answering service, but she was very good about it, knowing I already work for the school district, and I am still in training anyway. So, I went in on Thursday, the last day of the week for Elementary SSchool; the Elementary goes M-Thurs 8-3. They had a Dodgeball tournament, and movie! what a day to come in a get paid for!! I even played!
The HS has SSchool M-F 8-4:30. A 4 hr class in the morning from 8-12, then 2nd hr class from 12:30-4:30. B has PE in the morning and they are walking 6 miles a day. But the first week I think she over did it; she has had some problems with Shin splints, and an Achilles tendinitis, so this week she has had to stay back with the group that only walk half that. She is taking a Zoology class in the afternoon and she loves it, but they went creek'in along with her 6 miles that first week, and she was practically "crawling" in the door at night! she is still having some pain, but hopefully will work her way back into it the 6 miles. She's been a trooper and it's good for her!
R is taking a Government class in the afternoon to get it out of the way for his SENIOR yr, so he can take some "fun classes", like "music theory" he says. That doesn't sound "fun" to me....but he already has Choir and Band..there's not much else he's interested in other than computer stuff and don't think they offer anything he wants to do or hasn't already taken.
So that first week of SSchool Friday I went and worked at the Answering Service, then Mon. Tues. and Thurs night for more training, and again this past Friday 10-4. I will probably start answering phones very soon, since I started the other day with another operator, as she typed the info. I think I will do much better on my own and not have someone "watching over my shoulder", kinda makes me uncomfortable.... Anyway, last week went by really fast and I was very tired come Friday evening, I picked up a pizza after work, and we went to R's game in the rain....got home about 10pm, and watched a movie and got to bed about midnight. The guys had gone out to the movies with 1 of R's friends from school, so they didn't get in till after midnight. Saturday we had plans to "bug bomb" the house while the guys went to mow the neighbors yard and ours, while us girls went to the salon and grocery shopping. On our way back to the house, we stopped and picked up one of R's friends to come swimming with her while we hung outside for the rest of the time we had to be out of the house. We only had about an hour by the time we got home, then we went in and opened the house for an hour. I came in and stripped all the beds and grabbed blankets and added to the PILES of laundry already in the laundry room! So, I started laundry, wiped things down, cleaned floors, and made supper last night. I sat down and watched a movie with the others while Lee studied for his class this morning. I got up early this morning started some coffee, made muffins for everyone (Sunday morning thing) while that was going I changed out laundry, hung some laundry out on the line, folded, went and got my coffee before I had to go do the "wake up call"....went to church, met Mom and Dad for lunch at our favorite Chinese place here in town for Father's Day.
I've added 3 photos of what happens on Sunday afternoons, even on Father's Day. Lee, R & R just hang'in out chill'in. It's hard to get a good photo of R anymore without him making goofy faces at me, so I caught him smiling and wanted to post it while they were playing the Wii with Mimi of course!
We have a pretty busy week again coming up, but will try and check in this weekend. We don't have any plans except for working in the yard and cleaning up! Have a great week! TTFN!
No comments:
Post a Comment