Well it took a little longer to feel much like getting back on here than I thought...just took a little longer to get my energy back. I ended up having a viral infection which had to work it's way out of the body on it's own, that took just about a week. It really kicked me in the rear!
I woke up Tuesday of last week hurting from my head all the way to my lower back...and being that I always have lower back issues anyway, I just assumed I had slept VERY whacked! It was R's Carnival/Track & Field day, and I had taken my last personal day off to go and be with her, so I popped a few ibuprofen, and went on my way. I didn't feel any better by the time we got home. I started running a fever and was up through the night with pain from my head to my lower back, hips and legs. I couldn't sleep, and woke up the next morning worse. Mom came and took me to the Dr. who ran a bunch of tests and gave me some medication to help with the pain, which didn't, and ended up taking some of Dad's Darvoset....shhhhhhh!
I missed the whole last week of school, and my second job I am in training for, but I would have much rather have been at school and work than home sick. Monday I went to another PTherapy for my Sciatica and felt so much better. I was released today, but will go back next week to make sure I am still aligned evenly. I did not work Monday. I was scheduled to go into work and get through some more training Tues and Wed 10-4, but I got a call before I left for work from the Assistant Principal wanting to know if I would like to work summer school with a Remedial Reading group. Summer school started Monday for the elementary school and go M-Thurs. So I went in and talked to my boss at the Answering service, and we arranged my schedule so that I could work the summer school job through the 26th. What a nice boss huh? So, I can still go in on Friday's and maybe after school and finish up my training and be ready so when summer school ends I can start right up. That's my plan anyway....
So, the kids are in Summer school through the end of the month, but R & B are going to get credits, so it's helping them. R is going because she has always gone since we have been here, and seemed to enjoy it.....but for some reason this year "she's changed" she says....my 11 yr old!
Apparently this year she didn't want to play softball (but B beat her to telling me this and decided not to tell me cuz she didn't want to upset me) but let me sign her up anyway after I specifically asked her before I went down and wrote out a $45 check to play softball, if she really wanted to do this!? and she said "yes"..... so first practice was a BUST when she got hit on top of the head with the softball, and first game she wanted me to call her coach and tell him she quit! I laughed inside because of the seriousness on her face....but outside I was serious and told her that she can't do that, and that she signed up for this and has to follow through with it, and why she didn't say something to me before I paid $45 for it? she went to her room and got $45 from her stash and handed it to me! I about fell over, and wanted to bust out laughing! she was SERIOUS! I told her "no that I wasn't taking her money, that she should have said something to me when I asked the last time if she wanted to play, and that it's always been a rule in our family that once to sign up for something, or promise to do something, you have to follow through! I felt bad for her, and maybe I'm wrong by making her follow through, but that has always been the rule, and we've made the other 2 do it....and I think that once she plays for a few weeks that she'll be Ok and realize how much she likes it. She plays good ball, as B did, and made the winning point last game! But she hates that she has to go, even after 3 games...last night was pics, and she didn't want to go, I ignored her and we went anyway, well on the way, she says, "I don't want you spending any money on my pictures Mom" so I didn't, but I made her take the group photo, and I took my own pics! I don't understand ....she doesn't want to join band or choir, like the other 2 have ( and she has a beautiful soprano voice) now she doesn't want to play softball or go to summer school. I've suggested other things like soccer, basketball, dance, swimming, or gymnastics. She doesn't know...she was a little interested in possibly swimming again, and maybe gymnastics, so I am going to look into it. I just don't know what to think about it all. She has some friends who want to talk on the phone all the time (waaay more than any of the rest of us put together does) or play on the computer, or watch tv. When she has friends to play with she plays outside doing what ever anyone else is doing. The only thing I can come up with is that my baby is growing up in more ways than getting taller and thinner, caring about what she looks like in the mirror in a certain pair of shorts or skirts or jeans.....B just never went through any of this, she's a tomboy for life! I wish they stayed young and innocent....
I need to go get my baby from summer school now, so will come back and post some pics later! TTFN
2 comments:
Whenever someone asks if I would like to be young again, I answered "only not junior high". It seems, as I remember it, it was a very confusing time. I bet R just wants to be "her own self".
I hope you are feeling better. It may take a long time to get your strength back.
Well i think she wants to be a girl.. i did when i was that age and i think i did pretty good not playing all those sports... let her be herself and do her own thing... don't push or she will resent you always for making her do something she does not want to so... ok so this is only my opinion for what its worth... ha ha ha
Post a Comment